Consular Procedures for Exchange Students

Exchange students who come to study at Universidad de Talca must request a Student Visa in the nearest Chilean Consulate in their home country. Please, notice that Student Visa is mandatory.
Universidad de Talca will send the Acceptance Letter to students’ home university in order to support and carry out the procedure correctly.

For further information about Chilean Consulates around the world, please visit the website:

Once in Chile, students must register their visa in the International Police Department within the first 30 days from their arrival.

International Police Office

3 Oriente N°1282, ( between 1 and 2 Norte Street) Talca.
Phone: +56-71- 2204810

Calle Rodríguez N°1041,
Phone: +56-75- 2329900

After visa registration is complete, students must obtain their Chilean Identity Card (RUT) at Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación offices in Talca or Curicó:

Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación


1 Poniente N°1026 (Between 1 and 2 Sur Streets)
Phone: + 56-71- 2203000 / 2203050

Calle Carmen N°560, first floor
Phone: +56-75- 2310999

In case International Students do not obtain their “Student Visa” in their home country and arrive in Chile using a Tourist Visa, they must apply to a Student Visa upon their arrival in Chile. To obtain Student Visa upon arrival in Chile, students must process it at the Department of Migration and Foreign Affairs at the following addresses:

Departamento de Extranjería y Migraciones

Talca : 1 Poniente N° 865 (between 3 and 4 Sur streets)
Phone: +56 71-2234120 /+56 71-2226886
Schedules: Monday to Friday 08:30 to 13:30.

Curicó: Calle Rodríguez N°1041
Phone: +56-75- 2329900
Schedules: Monday to Friday 08:30 to 13:30.